Human Factors Engineer/Scientist (CAHF-01)
MEA Forensic Engineers & Scientists is currently seeking a Senior Human Factors scientist for our Orange County, California office who is capable of technical investigations across a variety of domains.
Typical cases may include the following:
Vehicle operator performance
- perception of hazards, reaction time, appropriateness of response,
- effect of age, fatigue, alcohol or drug use
Consumer product failures
- intended versus actual use
- instructions/warning labels
Property & premises incidents
- workplace safety
- perception of tripping hazards
- Graduate degree in human factors, industrial engineering, cognitive or experimental psychology
- 5 or more years of work experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential to clearly convey technical findings to a lay audience and promote MEA’s services to prospective clients
- Specific experience within the forensic, automotive, or industrial safety fields would be an asset
Referencing the job title, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
MEA Forensic is a multi-disciplinary forensic investigation firm that specializes in collision reconstruction, injury biomechanics, product and material failures, human factors, and aviation accidents for the legal and insurance industries. It is challenging work that is intensely scrutinized in a court of law and often under rigid deadlines; it is also varied, exciting and highly rewarding.
At MEA, we provide our staff with a stimulating, collaborative environment and extensive formal and informal training to solve forensic problems. We also conduct and publish scientific research to answer questions relevant to our work. Our salary, culture and benefits are designed to attract and keep bright, high-achieving professionals.